Find All Words?
Select the files, press the button, and a new tab opens listing all the unique words found in the files. An author can, for example, get a word listing to check the spelling of computer words, links and acronyms passed over by the spell-checker.
Find Words in Element?
Select the files, press the button, enter an element name, and a new tab opens listing all the unique words that were marked inside that element. An indexer can, for example, get a fast listing of all keywords.
Find Words outside Element!
Select the files, press the button, enter an element name and a word, and a new tab opens listing all the occurrences of that word in the files where the word was not inside that element. A manager can, for example, track how complete the markup task is.
Find Words in Attributes?
Select the files, press the button, enter an attribute name and a new tab appears listing all unique words marked up inside that attribute. A tagger can find the highest ID used so far. An XSLT programmer can find all the values in a document set that will need to be coped with.
Have you really marked up terms consistently?
The Word Detective indexes and reports on the words used in data content and attributes values.
The Word Detective will save you time and guarantee the quality of your data!
- Preview documents in many different text and image formats, including JPEG, TIFF, HTML and JPEG-2000
- Preview video, audio and animation (requires installation of Apple® QuickTime for Java)
- Convenient tabbed browser interface
- Bookmark frequent locations
- Print images
- Help tab
- Fast switching to other Topologi utilities
- SGML support
Who uses this and why?
- Pharmaceutical markup: identify marked-up terms and check that
they are consistently marked up throughout the document set.
- Windows XP, 2000, NT.
- 128 Meg RAM.
- Recent Java (JRE 1.4.2, JRE 1.5).
The functionality of this tool is also integrated in the Topologi Professional Edition.
Check out the online example.