Validate JPEG graphics files
Do they conform to the basic JFIF (JPEG File Interchange Format) format all correct JPEGs should follow? Select the files, press the button, and ticks or crosses are drawn against the file name, with the reason for failure.
Validate ISO JPEG graphics files
Do they conform to the JPEG profile of ISO 10198-1? Select the files, press the button, and ticks or crosses are drawn against the file name, with the reason for failure.
View the metadata attached to a JPEG file
The Image Judge understands EXIF (Exchangeable Image File), GPS (Global Position System), IPTC (International Press Trades Council) and other metadata. Select the files, press the button, and a new tab opens with the metadata as a navigatable tree.
Validate TIFF graphics files
Includes multi-page TIFF. Select the files, press the button, and ticks or crosses are drawn against the file name, with the reason for failure.
Corrupted, bad, mislabelled and non-standard graphics files lurk everywhere!
The Image Judge lets you check multiple image files
fast and thoroughly.
Browse the files, examine the images, check the metadata, verify the format and check for corrupt or badly-generated files.
The Image Judge will save you time and guarantee the quality of your data!
- Preview documents in many different text and image formats, including
HTML and JPEG-2000
- Preview video, audio and animation (requires installation of Apple® QuickTime for Java)
- Magnifying glass to view image details (see the puppy's nose above)
- Convenient tabbed browser interface
- Bookmark frequent locations
- Print images
- Help tab
- Uses high quality image libraries from Sun Microsystems® (as used
by NASA) and Topologi
- Fast switching to other Topologi utilities.
Who uses this and why?
- Military: require tested compliance with ISO and military standards.
- Aerospace: require detection of images processed incorrectly
by third-party software. Such corrupt files may fail on some viewers
but be accepted by others.
- Reference publishing: vital for management and control with
large numbers of images in OCR and markup projects.
- Windows XP, 2000, NT.
- 128 Meg RAM.
- Recent Java (JRE 1.4.2, JRE 1.5).
The functionality of this tool is also integrated in the Topologi Professional Edition.